Our House Building Adventure

We bought 3 acres of raw land in Wyoming... started clearing it... dug the basement... poured cement... and started framing!

This blog details our house building adventure... building our new home... ourselves!

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Adventures in soapstone hole cutting....

So... we're going to have a small prep sink in the island.  This is where I will wash my produce and prepare vegetables. 

The sink is going to be "undermounted"... so it will be under the soapstone.

Here are some step by step photos...

I was so amazed at the jig my husband rigged so that the cut piece of soapstone wouldn't fall into the cabinet!
And here is the hole all cut!  The edges now need to be sanded!



1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

Nice job! I can't wait to see how the sink will look.