Our House Building Adventure

We bought 3 acres of raw land in Wyoming... started clearing it... dug the basement... poured cement... and started framing!

This blog details our house building adventure... building our new home... ourselves!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Guest bathroom almost complete... and my spotted self...


Today our bamboo stair treads were delivered... and late this afternoon the balusters arrived!

I'm taking a bit of a house building... I mean... finishing... break. After stressing out over the soapstone delivery... I broke out in a massive hive attach... so bad... that I looked like a monster with puffy eyes and mitts for hands. My mother made me promise that I would go to the doctor....

Pushing myself forward... like a spotted lizard with bulging eyes... swollen all over... but full of determination... I finished texturing and painting the guest bathroom!!!

Took my swollen, red-purple, spotted self to the doctor on Monday. The doctor said... whoa... you have hives! 3 medications and two days later... I'm finally looking somewhat normal... well... except for my spotted reddish hands.

Some of the young women from church came by to see me... they were doing a fundraiser... and exclaimed... as they backed away... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?

So as I wait for my skin to heal... I'm planning my next attack... the BOY'S bathroom!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the hives were due to stress??

Toni said...

Hi Liz,
I believe that stress got it kicked off...

Ribbit said...

Hey Toni! Haven't heard from you in your other blog and I was worried. Glad you're still posting here!